GitKraken with Hamid Shojaee
December 20, 2017
Edward talks with Hamid Shojaee about GitKraken, the popular Git client. They discuss GitKraken's origins as a "30 day project", developer productivity, and building developer tools that are easy to use and likeable.
Hamid is the founder of Axosoft, the company behind GitKraken, the popular cross-platform Git client. His background is in software development, but he has also founded 3 software companies and is behind several successful SaaS products, including Axosoft, GitKraken and Pure Chat.
- GitKraken is the popular cross-platform Git client from Axosoft.
- GitKraken is built on Electron and React
- Teamprise was the predecessor to Microsoft Team Explorer Everywhere and how Edward and Martin ended up working at Microsoft.
- Version Control by Example is Eric Sink's excellent book on version control, which is available as a proper book and digitally. (Pro-tip: get the book.)
- The Night Before GitMas, a holiday video from the GitKraken team. (And if you missed last year's video, it was The Twelve Days of GitMas.)
- GitKraken Glo, it's what's next from the GitKraken team.