Teaching Git with Johan Abildskov
January 23, 2018
Edward talks with Johan Abildskov about how he teaches Git to professional developers and university students, using Git in continuous delivery workflows and whether we should be more opinionated about Git usage.
Johan is a continuous delivery consultant at Praqma specializing in Automation, Git and workflows. Johan has spent the last few years helping companies transition to Git. He has taught Git on multiple continents to both software professionals and students, and is the maintainer of the gitkatas exercises.
- Praqma, Continuous Delivery consultants in Denmark, Sweden, and Norway
- Git Katas, a set of exercises for deliberate Git practice
- "The Art of Learning"
- Git Phlow, an automated flow for Git, based on Git Flow.
- CoDe Academy, the Continuous Delivery Academy from Praqma, a free four-day training course for students
- Opinionated Git, some strong opinions about how to use Git.
- TeX, a typesetting system whose version number converges on π.
- Monotone, a distributed version control system created by Graydon Hoare, which was an inspiration for Git